Mission, Vision and purposes
DKG is a professional honor society of key women educators in the United States, Canada, Europe, Latin America and Japan.
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International promotes professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education.
Leading Women Educators Impacting Education Worldwide
- To unite women educators of the world in a genuine spiritual fellowship
- To honor women who have given or who evidence a potential for distinctive service in any field of education
- To advance the professional interest and position of women in education
- To initiate, endorse, and support desirable legislation or other suitable endeavors in the interests of education and of women educators
- To endow scholarships to aid outstanding women educators in pursuing graduate study and to grant fellowships to nonmember women educators
- To stimulate the personal and professional growth of members and to encourage their participation in appropriate programs of action
- To inform the members of current economic, social, political, and educational issues so that they may participate effectively in a world society.